Tuesday, February 14, 2006

James Webb for Senate


Wow, once again, it's been quite a while since I last wrote. I was quite sick last week with a fever of 103, a bad case of pharyngitis, and a bad case of bronchitis. But I am well over that now as I am back at school, and going to write once more.

Unfortunately, I was not able to write when James Webb announced that he was running for the Senate seat against incumbent George Allen. But taking into effect the stances that he wants to take, so far I believe he is a very good candidate for the postition. Here are a few stances listed on his website James Webb for Senate.

  • Refocusing America's foreign and defense policies in a way that truly protects our national interests and seeks harmony where they are not threatened.
  • Repairing the country's basic infrastructure, which has eroded badly over the past decade, and developing more creative ways to assist disaster-stricken areas such as those in New Orleans and along the Gulf coast.
  • Reinstituting notions of true fairness in American society, including issues of race, class, and economic advantage; and
  • Restoring the Constitutional role of the Congress as an equal partner, reining in the unbridled power of the Presidency.

2 Comments:

Neal said...

The Prodigal Son finally posts! I'm so proud! :)

I agree; Webb is the guy to do it if anybody can. He's got the experience (experience that would be particularly impressive to disinterested GOPers), the ideas, and God knows, the grassroots/netroots support.

Webb 06!

-N

Gunfighter said...

I would love to see Webb make a serious effort at this.

I am a veteran of 8 years of service in the Marine Corps and am a committed Virgina Democrat.

I am beyond sick and tired of the GOP claiming any sort of moral authority regarding petriotism. Loveing your country means more than wrapping yourself in a flag while singing Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA.

Webb 06!

 

Blogger Templates