Saturday, November 05, 2005

Potluck Dinner with Virginia's candidates for office

This evening, I had the opportunity to listen to the Democratic candidates for state office. Afterwards, I got to meet and greet with the candidates before they left for another rally.

I met with:

Tim Kaine
Leslie Byrne
Creigh Deeds

and other notables:

Governor Mark Warner
Former Governor Linwood Holton
Representative Rick Boucher
Delegate Joe Johnson
State Senator Phillip Puckett

I had a wonderful 10 minute conversation with Governor Warner about the Kaine campaign, and his tenure as governor himself. He declined to talk about hopes for running for president in 2008, but said, "We'll just have to wait and see."

Tim Kaine was very busy meeting with the other approximately 200 people at the dinner. I did have time to tell him that he knew my best friend, Neal Osborne (Neal 2028), from a Democratic rally in Wytheville. He remembered and was pleased to know that people my age were getting involved in the political process so early.

I had the time for individual pictures with Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, and Creigh Deeds. Overall, I believe the night went very well. Once I get the pictures developed and onto a CD, I'll upload them to my blog. But for now, I leave you with the memories of another Democratic-ruled night. Good night and God Bless!

 

Blogger Templates